cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Contract Vicious Circle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there to you all. I'm reaching a limit of patience even for myself with what mess a I've been dealt from o2 due to the simplest of mistakes with transferring from payg ee to a pay monthly contract with o2.

After an intense security check that trumps crossing borders and verges on military checkpoints, I triple-check the agreement I have with my in-store assistant that I want the 15gb/£20 off that is going on sale atm until 7/2. She prints the contract off that I have given an X for, and she realises that it is the 10gb/£17; fiasco ensues.

I have a package code assigned to the account; she cannot change it on the spot. Manager is brought into the fray and tells me initially that I would have to come into the store another day to sort it. After a brief conversation, he then explains that he can do it later in the day and will text when it's complete.
He does, promising that it has changed to the deal I wanted in the first place. All is well in the world.

Fast forward to two weeks later and my first bill, surprise; £35.
I call up customer service and after a lot of jargon from their Indian offices, they explain they have received an email stating they cannot change this, I will have to go back to the store.
(I also afterwards, try the online support, but then they tell me I have to phone up, so pretty useless all around.)

Instead of going into a store considering they have been able to sort out the issue apparently before whilst I've been away, I call the man responsible, and in the same hour, he apparently sorts this out again, explaining that I will receive a confirmation email and my next bill will be £5 to settle things; okay, I think. Fair enough.

Third time lucky? Don't think so.

No e-mail, and my o2 app still states £35 tariff with no bolt-on discount.

I've had enough, and time's ticking with this sale ending soon.
I feel like I should call back and see what's going on, but have lost all trust with the competency of the staff I have made the contract with. I don't think they know what they're doing.
Anybody had this issue before and know what happened; how to solve it? Any insight would be great. Thanks.

Ruth Snape.

(Edit: I'm currently stuck with a 15gb/£35 when it should be £20 with the sale applied. Thanks.)

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right guys, finally have had recieved satisfactory solution as of 11am this morning through the complaints service.

Minor bad news first; they weren't able to uphold the discount offered as the system just wasn't having it.
Literally, computer says no.

Good news, they were able to uphold a 50% discount as a good faith offer through the entire 12m contract which begins again today.

So, very good conclusion on my part. It's just unfortunate it's taken this long to deal with.

I'll say that this chaos is concluded, but until I see that £0 (Paid £35 already, so, with a bit of logic, next month is already sorted) on my next month's bill, I'll hold my breath.
Thanks all involved. Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousAs you are now out of the 14 day cooling off period then the best advice on offer is to make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link I've given . It seems to get better results  Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

wrote:
(Edit: I'm currently stuck with a 15gb/£35 when it should be £20 with the sale applied. Thanks.)

@Anonymous  Reading your edit, you may have purchased this contract with a sale discount. This may explain it further

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

Check this first before taking action I advised in my first post

Check My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 you will see the discount applied as a bolt on...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assumed that would be the case, but as I mentioned previously, two weeks later, I was charged the full amount and not the sale price as agreed, so it isn't the correct contract.
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only bolt on is a 'Travel' option; there are no discount related bolt ons otherwise, or even as an option to apply.
Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

wrote:
I assumed that would be the case, but as I mentioned previously, two weeks later, I was charged the full amount and not the sale price as agreed, so it isn't the correct contract.

Then you need to speak to customer services again. It may well be the discount shows up in your next bill though it should be applied at point of contract. A call to them should clarify whats gone on  https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yea I noticed you said there was no discount bolt on.
This is typical of the incompetence we see from many areas of o2 these days.
Regardless of being outside of 14 days, you haven’t got what you agreed to so you still have rights to cancel if someone can’t sort this out for you.
I’ll tag in @Martin-O2 and @Marjo to see if they can assist in some way but it probably won’t be until Monday when they contact you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't mind cancelling in the slightest, but wonder what would happen to my number if that were the case.
Could I save it as a PAC code to change elsewhere, or unwind the contract to simple start afresh with o2?

Thanks for forwarding, but I have a feeling by that time it would be too late as the sale ends about then, so knowing that, they wouldn't be able to apply the option anymore.
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was replying to a post that the op has now deleted (and edited her first post to add it) Smiley Frustrated

However, I did show it by capturing her post and was replying to that.......

Hopefully it will be sorted soon....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22