Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusement over Billing -£16

Naomirosec_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded my phone on 28th May (my usual billing date) to the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
My airtime plan is £35.00 and my device plan is £51.22.
I also used my NHS discount but was told that most likely won’t start until next month.

However I’ve come to pay my bills today and was only able to pay my device plan £51.22. When I went to pay my airtime plan, it said it was already paid and was -£16 (which of course it would said it’s already paid if it’s in minus)
I’m just really confused as to why it was -£16 and not £35.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Naomirosec_ 

The only way is if your new airtime tariff is cheaper than your old one. 

You would have paid already for your old tariff (a month in advance) so you would be in credit if new tariff was cheaper.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Naomirosec_ 

The only way is if your new airtime tariff is cheaper than your old one. 

You would have paid already for your old tariff (a month in advance) so you would be in credit if new tariff was cheaper.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Naomirosec_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ahh that would make sense, thank you!

I’m not sure if it was cheaper as with my old phone I paid the bill as a whole, rather than it being split between airtime and device! So I’m not too sure, because as a whole my bill for this phone is more expensive. So I’m not sure which had the cheaper airtime plan!

But this would make sense though. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Naomirosec_ 

That would explain it as you are now on refresh rather than a standard tariff so your bills are split.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4