cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am due for an upgrade at the end of April so I have been looking for my next phone, I have found one I would like the Xperia z but I have looked at various company's doing deals on this phone and most of them can do better deals than O2 on the O2 network am I better going to a different company or getting it from O2 direct?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll always find 3rd parties are generally cheaper than the mobile network directly.

They have a different business model - they only supply phones, they don't have to maintain networks, large customer service centres etc.

They also generally buy far more stock than the networks so get the phones cheaper.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really up to you.

If you wish to apply any O2 Open discounts (o2open.co.uk) then you will need to get it through O2 directly.

If you get it through a 3rd party company you will need to obide by their Returns and Repairs policies.

But again, if it's cheaper then it's up to you.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
But why can they beat O2 on price, I might be better changing networks!
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll always find 3rd parties are generally cheaper than the mobile network directly.

They have a different business model - they only supply phones, they don't have to maintain networks, large customer service centres etc.

They also generally buy far more stock than the networks so get the phones cheaper.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
They also can use the commission they get from the networks to subsidse the phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plus tack on insurance & other things that you don't ask for
Message 6 of 6