cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I topped up £10 on the 2nd and i'm really confused how i've managed to use 2/3rds of my 500mg data already. I only just realised a moment ago that my tarriff does not incorperate wifi (thanks to the brilliant way o2 has laid that out) and im wondering what the difference is between general internet use and if you connect to wifi? Cause i've been connecting thinking i had unlimited, does that use up more internet for some reason? Because there is no way I have use that much in a week.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Using wifi is free as long as you are connected. You only use your allowance when not connected to wifi ie. if you are away from home and just using mobile data.

The phone will be updating apps in the background but unless you have been downloading or watching Youtube videos, you shouldn't use that amount of data. Switch off location services and check your update intervals on apps such as Facebook.

There are various threads on saving data if you use the search function above.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

WiFi is free. O2 do not charge for it. Some apps automatically update in the background. If you want to stop this, turn off Mobile Data on your phone until you need it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Using wifi is free as long as you are connected. You only use your allowance when not connected to wifi ie. if you are away from home and just using mobile data.

The phone will be updating apps in the background but unless you have been downloading or watching Youtube videos, you shouldn't use that amount of data. Switch off location services and check your update intervals on apps such as Facebook.

There are various threads on saving data if you use the search function above.

Message 3 of 3