cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about pay as you go and bolt ons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am on a pay as you go where I pay £10.00 per month and this includes free calls, texts and data. A couple of week ago I ran out of data allowance, so I bought a £2.00 bolt on, but I had to put £10.00 on as O2 would not except anything less. However what I found was that every time I made a call or sent a text it would come off the extra £10.00. I have recently bought another month of my usual £10.00, but my extra £10.00 is still being used up. I don't understand why if I have free minutes and texts why am i having to pay from the extra £10.00 I put on. I am paying for cals and texts that I shouldn't have to in my opinion. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me why, as it is very frustrating.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That shouldn't happen like that at all.
You'll need to call cs on 4445 to get that looked at and the money credited back to your sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That shouldn't happen like that at all.
You'll need to call cs on 4445 to get that looked at and the money credited back to your sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi M15,

Thank you for your helpful reply, I will contact them. I just wanted to check first in case I had misunderstood how PAYG and Bolt ons work.

Julie

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No you haven't misunderstood.
Any remaining additional credit should just remain on your account for you to use for further bolt ons or any calls outside of your allowances.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4