cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting Info and Payment Issues for iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I spent the best part of this afternoon attempting to take upgrade my contract with O2 for the iPhone 5 but to no avail. I firstly spoke over the phone with an advisor who told me I could not upgrade without paying over £200 in termination fees for my Simplicity tariff. I then spoke to a Chat advisor who said this was not the case and I am eligible for an upgrade and should call 202 which I did. I then spent a good hour on the phone attempting to take out the contract but after using all 3 cards I have all resulting in an 'Unsuccessful Payment', I was told I would have to call back tomorrow and try again. I checked with my bank who advised no payments had been declined nor had any payment attempts registered with them. I called back to advise this and to try with a friends card (again not successful) before before giving up.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Should I bother with O2 anymore? And do O2 recognise customer loyalty and advocacy in way? I have been with them since the days of BT Cellnet...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The systems appear to be rather dodgy today I attempted to pay off my bill and they declined it thrice.

I'd bother with O2 they've always done good by me:) I wouldn't stick with them if I had a bad service experience:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The systems appear to be rather dodgy today I attempted to pay off my bill and they declined it thrice.

I'd bother with O2 they've always done good by me:) I wouldn't stick with them if I had a bad service experience:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply! Was it AmEx by any chance?
Message 3 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Yes it was. I didn't have any luck with my Halifax debit either though:(
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried 2 AmEx's and a Mastercard and no luck either! Then a friends AmEx.
Message 5 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Amex occasionally have issues with on O2 systems but its normally fine in an hour or so just not today. I don't have a MasterCard for some reason I'm not allowed one because of my age(erm Amex will take me why won't you haha)

But my debit has more than enough in to cover my bill:/

Anyone else got any issues?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
LATEST:

Yesterday O2 told me to call back today or try in store. So I went to a store today which showed the phone in stock, sure enough, when I get there, no phones! Even though it was still showing as in stock. Called O2 to try again by phone, there now not taking orders for it as its out of stock. This company is a joke.
Message 7 of 7