cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Is it possible to conference call on the on & on tariff? (Not Group chat). 

The conference call i'm talking about is where you dial one number then put it on hold then dial second number and merge these calls. then you can add another number to this conference. Other networks allow upto 6 calls in a conference.

I just wanted to know if this is possible on the on & on tariff.

Many thanks

Good2talk

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
From reading I can't find mention of it working other than on a business contract. Unless you have an iPhone?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Setting up information here: http://bit.ly/PvVA1l

You don't need to be a business customer and you can use any phone with the capability.

To register for Group Conferencing you can either call us on 0844 879 7803 free from your O2 mobile and select option 4 to register a password.

You can also register online via our web registration form

Group Conferencing is easy to set up. It costs nothing to register and once you've completed the one-off registration process, we'll give you a lifetime entry code.

How do I set up Group Conferencing? To register for Group Conferencing you can either call us on 0844 879 7803 free from your O2 mobile and select option 4 to register a password. You can also register online via our web registration form Group Conferencing is easy to set up. It costs nothing to register and once you've completed the one-off registration process, we'll give you a lifetime entry code.

Message 3 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wasn't group conferencing not acceptable as an answer?

Not being rude just wondering if I've misunderstood:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think it's right, but just the term O2 uses.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I am aware of group conference from o2. Thats not what I need. I am after conference calling. I know people who have it activated on the on & on tariff from customer services. It's not group conference.

I just need to know how to get it activated as most o2 customer advisors talk about group conference.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Right, I was the one who misunderstood.

I can do it on the iphone as Liquid mentioned but other than that I can't help I'm afraid.

Message 7 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 call this call merging on the iphone and not sure if available on non business contracts apart from iphone

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your replies and help. I managed to get this sorted out. I spoke via live chat and they activated it on my account.

So now I can place upto 6 calls together and I'm not using this on iphone, but a basic samsung galaxy phone. Also I'm not on a business contract either.

This is what I wanted and not the group conference which o2 are so keen on.

Thanks again

Good2talk

Message 9 of 9