Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference call charges

Iain15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

During the current Covid-19 crisis I am having to dial into work conference calls, the cost of which are bing added to me monthly bill. I have an allowance of 1000 minutes per month, a large proportion of which is mostly unused but it appears that this does not apply to conference calls. I think that O2 customers were previously able to prefix the conference all number with a 9 and this allowed use of the monthly allowance, but this facility is "out of service". Why is this? Are O2 expoilting the current situation? Can anyone advise me on the correct procedures and how to keep my costs down. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Iain15 

Costs here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Merge-Calls/td-p/1107202/page/2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Iain15
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your response. It looks like it is 15p per minute. I think that O2 should be looking at this during the current crisis as many peoples bills are going to be huge. Doubt that they will as it is going to make them a lot of money. I feel that I am being ripped off and I will be taking this into account at contract renewal. Do you know why the number 987373 is currently out of service? I used it previously and incurred no additional charges.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
No idea, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36223 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Why not use WhatsApp or Google Chat/Conferencing or similar? 

That 987373 number you mention seems to relate to this service, now an app, @Iain15

https://www.powwownow.co.uk/conference-call/calling-from-a-mobile

Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
I would ask why you are using a personal phone for work? If they are not providing a phone for you then maybe ask them to cover the cost...
Most conference calls I dial into either use an 0800 number or an 020 number, both of which are free to call or included in my allowance.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

Iain15
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am self employed so the phone and associated costs are mine. My clients are using the 87373 number so I have no choice in this. The point I was making is the previously O2 customers could prefix this number with a 9 but this number is now out of service. The PowWowNow app also advises O2 customers to prefix the number with a 9 but you get the same message, There is no explanation for this, hence my suspicions.

At one of the recent daily government briefings a Minister said that mobile phone operators should not be profiteering during the current crisis. At a time when we are all being asked to make sacrifices,wouldn't it be nice for O2 to been seen to be making a contribution by including these calls in the monthly allowance.
Message 7 of 7