cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerns about my May and June chrages for Internet Browsing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I bought a new mobile on the 14th May 2014.

Since I have had this new mobile I have noticed I am being charged for Internet Browsing, which I am not aware I am doing this on my moble.

As you can see from my previous bills prior to the 14th May 2014, I use my mobile for text messaging and using my allocated minutes and have rarely gone over the £10.81.

The Simplicity Tariff I have had with you since 27th April 2011 has been more than enough for me.

Please can you not charge me for the Internet Browsing and let me know how I can stop my mobile from doing this.

Kind Regards

Carole Ainsworth

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As it's a simplicity tariff your data will stop when exhausted. You do not get charged extra unless you request additional bolt ons of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Which phone are you using

Most smartphones now connect to the internet in the background to update various apps.

If you don't want them to then check if you can turn that off in your settings.

And to stop internet connection you can turn off mobile data in your settings and use wifi when and where possible.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies I omitted to add this which is talking about Web Daily ~ a £1 charge for connecting to the O2 internet service if you don't have a data allowance which I assume is happening to you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

Again I repeat all you have to do is turn off MOBILE DATA in your phones settings.
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As it's a simplicity tariff your data will stop when exhausted. You do not get charged extra unless you request additional bolt ons of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Could it be media messaging? Before this was deducted by way of 4 texts from allowance but now is chargeable.
Message 5 of 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Forget that, I think it's webdaily as @Anonymous said.
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Webdaily does not apply to Simplicity tariff's - it's PAYG only...

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

When I read simplicity I immediately thought you were on a Pay as You Go Tariff.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/tariffs-and-bolt-ons/pay-and-go-simplicity-terms-and-conditions

Could you please confirm either way.

As MI5 says on a Pay Monthly Contract once any data allowance is used up then you cannot access O2 internet until your anniversary date or you add a Bolt On unless you use Wifi.

Thank you.
Message 8 of 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
In that case, it could be mms,
It could also be, not only a new phone, but also a new contract with a data package the OP did not realise was included and did not want?
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
All probable but pure conjecture until the op returns with more information.

slight_smile
Message 10 of 16