cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerns about my May and June chrages for Internet Browsing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I bought a new mobile on the 14th May 2014.

Since I have had this new mobile I have noticed I am being charged for Internet Browsing, which I am not aware I am doing this on my moble.

As you can see from my previous bills prior to the 14th May 2014, I use my mobile for text messaging and using my allocated minutes and have rarely gone over the £10.81.

The Simplicity Tariff I have had with you since 27th April 2011 has been more than enough for me.

Please can you not charge me for the Internet Browsing and let me know how I can stop my mobile from doing this.

Kind Regards

Carole Ainsworth

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The OP is on contract
"As you can see from my previous bills prior to the 14th May 2014, I use my mobile for text messaging and using my allocated minutes and have rarely gone over the £10.81."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@MI5 I'm confused now, if you go to simplicity tariffs, then under data allowance click on "what is mobile data allowance".
It links to a page saying this
"No data?

If you go over your allowance, we'll send you a message to let you know and your connection speed will slow down.

Without any data you can still use the internet on your mobile with our Web Daily service, but you won't be able to use all your phone's features, like visual voicemail on iPhone or BlackBerry email. With Web Daily you can use up to 50MB a day without ever being charged more than £1 a day."
Is Web daily ported to simplicity now?
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's old info now.

It used to slow down to next to no use.

Now it's actually stopped until the next anniversary date or a bolt on is added.
Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Where are you looking at viridis?
All simplicity tariffs here have data included https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity
Data is now shut off when limit is reached. It used to slow down but they changed it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@MI5on mobile view there is a link under each tariff saying what is mobile data, on desktop view of link you just posted, click the information (i) next to the data header.

Screenshot_2014-06-04-16-09-45.jpg

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Another outdated link for the list @Toby 

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16