cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Con

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked at my online bill and said multi media messages £4.09 now I know I didn't send any pictures so I phoned O2 this was the explanation I got over the festive period as we all do I sent some messages to friends and family and rather than type a new text every time I just hit the + sign on recipients (iPhone I5 I am using) apparently when you send it to multiple people it gets sent as a multimedia WTF I've been with O2 atleast 15 years never heard of this ever last year when I had the iPhone 4S I done the same although I was not charged this was also one of the numbers I sent apparently to was 000000000001234 I queried this and the answer for this was the message was sent but O2 could not tell me to who or where it went  how can they charge and just say it was sent but can't tell the recipient or where what's to stop them doing this again saying oh you sent a message but we don't know who to very very disappointed and just want to warn people incase they do the same and get charged as soon as my contract is up I'm leaving O2 and taking my sons and wife's account away also so O2 will lose £110 per month from this house ok rant over

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

many threads about this issue. just one http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/ios6-Defaulting-to-MMS-messages/td-p/3725... a search will bring loads up

But o2 treat any group message over 5 as an mms

the strange number will be a mms to an email address (part of the group send) i.e. if you have synced facebook it happens a lot

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

So is it O2 or is it an apple problem either or is still a con but thanks for the answer 

Message 3 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It is not a con in the o2 support pages it mentions group send as max 5 there is a link to that by liquid in one of the many threads.

Did you speak to o2 on 202 or did you use live chat?

In the other threads o2 have given 50% back but only when called.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 4