cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete data usage when abroad, but get charged for only one day!

Malo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Myself and my wife had been abroad and we used data for one day each, because of the situation.  Obviously we were charged £7.5 extra each.  But, apparently on the day we returned, we were sent a text that we have used all data (both of us), we both have not received it.  Between the date when my monthly data renews / commences and the date of their text, we were not in UK.

We had switiched our mobile data off and roaming off (which we religiously do when we go out of UK / Europe)

Surprising thing is, we were not charged for using all of that data abroad, but only charged £7.5 each for rest of the world usage of data.

What I cannot understand is, if we should be charged £7.5 per day, I do not think we will be exhausing our data which is allowed in UK. Then, when we were not in UK, how did we use all our data?

I tried to get answer via chat, but that person was not able to help much because, they could only see what was on the system, and I do not think they understood my query.

And again this month, I am told that I have used all my data within 14 days which is a bit surprising.

Looks like there some fault with O2's computer system / recognising when we are abroad / within UK or EU, and we are getting charged for no fault of ours.

Hope O2 answers my query,,,,

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Malo 

This is not O2.

You need to contact customer service to investigate Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Malo 

This is not O2.

You need to contact customer service to investigate Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Malo , how was your weekend and did you manage to find out more about your data usage abroad since you last posted?

As @MI5 mentioned above, this is not customer service so we cannot check your account on here as we are mostly just friends and knowledgeable customers helping each other out here on the community with general queries. However, let us know in case you get stuck and we can find someone to have a closer look at your account. slight_smile

Message 3 of 3