Did you mean: 

Collecting phone

Aiyvie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi!!

I need to collect an upgrade phone on behalf of the person who’s name it is under, but she doesn’t own photo ID except for an old laminated provisional licence (although this is still in date)
What should I do????
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Aiyvie 

You need ID of the person you are collecting for and the pin code sent to them in email.

There's no way they will release a phone to any random person without the correct documents.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Aiyvie 

You need ID of the person you are collecting for and the pin code sent to them in email.

There's no way they will release a phone to any random person without the correct documents.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Aiyvie
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The only ID she has is a provisional from a while back it’s like a laminated paper one but it’s still valid would this be okay?
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No that on it's own wouldn't be sufficient. You would need at the very least a couple of utility bills but many stores insist on the pin code sent via email or text.

Message 4 of 6

Aiyvie
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well yes I would have my ID and the code but it says I need that and the buyers photo ID but that’s all she has
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Aiyvie 

I suggest you call the store in advance to check if they will accept her ID or not.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6