Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Account

Dave1949
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last Thursday 23 Nov I called 202 and gave 30 days notice to cancel my account at the end of the minimum term on 22 Dec. I also said that I did not want to keep the number. I was told the cancellation was being processed and the I would receive an email confirming that my number was also to be cancelled. I have not received any email or confirmation. Please confirm that the account will be closed as requested.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

You can also use something called an STAC to close your account and cancel the number @Dave1949 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

No one on here can confirm that for you

The only way to be sure is to call again

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

You can also use something called an STAC to close your account and cancel the number @Dave1949 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

NathanDCurry
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the O2 app.. I am logged into my account. I am in Portugal. On Dec 11th I go to Ecuador and later to China. I need to deactivate my account. I have searched in the app and on this website. I obviously can't call your help centre from Portugal - how do I close down/deactivate my account? It's literally insane that you make this so hard. There must be customer protection laws related to this. Please help.

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10215 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@NathanDCurry 

Yes you can call, just because you are in Portugal makes no difference, and doesn't absolve you of your obligations....

You can either call +44 344 809 0202 from any phone or install Skype and call +44 800 902 0217 (its free)., and give your 30 days notice, as per the terms and conditions you read and agreed to when you signed up to the service. 

If you are still in the minimum term you will need to pay all outstanding sums to be able to cancel. 

There is a guide here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

Kokot
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Never ever O2! Last 2 monts alweays was asking for closing my account, still it is not, I paid for  air time time bill about 100 pounds, they changed my monthly plan to 30 days and again they sent for me an new bill.  I really hate o2!

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Kokot If you want to close your account, follow this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36075 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Kokot If you want to close your account, follow this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I think @Kokot read that guide, judging by the response he posted in it (flagged, btw) @Bambino.

Message 8 of 8