Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click and collect a mess ?

Treebo88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok .. so first off o2 has been a great network to be with over the years, I currently had a watch and a s24 ultra with o2 on pay monthly, after having a go on a iphone 15 pro max I was impressed by the phone so decided ill get one on contract and test both phones and whichever one I decide against keeping my daughter can have along with the sim to go with it. So I go ahead and click and collect the order for the following day, which I did with my s24 and the watch on separate occasions.... 

Here is where I'm confused, I'm well aware over the years the stock reporting wasn't live, however I did the same as when I got my s24 and checked stores and online stock of all the different models which gave different results, some were out of stock, some were 2-3week delivery etc etc which gives the impression that there is some form of stock reporting these days, so I thought I was good when I chose a 1tb iphone 15 pro max thinking this model showed in stock for next day or click and collect the next day ... 

The following day 5pm rolls round and I still didn't have a message to say it's ready to collect, I ring the store and they state that they haven't had a delivery into store for me, which isn't the worst thing I don't mind waiting as long as there is info to say as to what happens next but when I track my order it still states its in transit to store, but the collection date has passed.... 

The order was fully accepted and passed all credit checks etc so it's not processing in that sense, I just don't get why it stated available for click and collect the next day when clearly it wasn't.... 

If they don't have live tracking on stock how is it they can state some are a wait or low stock and some in stock .... it doesn't make any sense or are they making it up as they go ..... 

Has anyone else experienced this ... should I be expecting a late email or is it pure chance that there is a hold up at dpd? I don't know who to speak to as customer service state to wait for the message and the store say to contact customer service.... going around in circles ... soon I'll end up being charged for the bill when I haven't even had the device ... 

There has to be a way someone can tell me if it's a stock issue or just delayed delivery etc someone has to know what's happening surely ... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Not here we can't. As just customers we have no knowledgeable of the stock situation

You can call the Sales Team on 0800 081 0255 but no guarantee they will know stock levels

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Treebo88 

Had this before with a click and collect, when the order was placed the phone was in stock in the store, by the time the click and collect had gone through to the store, the stock they had had been used for instore customers...

So they have to wait for a delivery which was day +1 when it came in, with iPhones Apple are garbage with providing stock to 3rd party retailers 

Stores don't get deliveries on a weekend most of the time, from what I have been told in the past..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3