cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat!! Literally

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thought i'd Chat Live to see if i could change my tarrif..as my current tarrif (which i stupidly agreed to that does not satisfy my current needs). I have o2 unlimited+24 months! the only thing i use constantly is my data and that is the only thing that is not unlimited. So chatting live took 20 minutes to discover I'm out of contract (checking MyO2 is says my contract renewal is 29 may 2014) so still confused. Took another 20 minutes typing i don't know what (and i suggested i would be cancelling my contract to move to another supplier)to get to the stage of 'we can give you extra 1GB, i think, as i now have no idea what i can or cannot do!! Does anyone know if i can leave without a penalty charge? The funny thing is i've always had a brilliant experience on O2 until today and wish i'd never tried to live chat with someone who seriously does not want to provide a straight answer to your questions assuming you are going to cancel your contract. I always think good service is paramount and this was a serious letdown. Now i'm considering moving to TMobile just out of frustration!!  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You should know when you took out your contract. If it's over 2 years then you are free to leave with 30 days notice. If not you have to pay up to the end of your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks. that's clear slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never use chat for accounts queries
Message 4 of 4