Did you mean: 

Charging wrong account

Ptarmigan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello all,

the background is that my daughter and I have the same surname, live at the same address, and have individual existing O2 accounts with mobile numbers that only vary on the last digit. Hers ends in 5, mine in 6.

I took out a new O2 contract online in my name, gave my banking details etc., and got an email order confirmation in my name. However O2 have added the new contract to her account and are billing her. Then we got a letter of confirmation in her name.

So O2 have raised a charge on her account without permission.

We got bounced around on chat, the call centres, the local shop. The latest suggested resolution is that we both have to go into a shop and cancel my contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

Completely ridiculous, and I cannot help but think there is a data breach in here somewhere.

Very disappointed with O2. I have written to the correspondence centre in Winchester, but no doubt that won't be responded to within the 14 day cooling off period.

If I go down the cancellation route, it won't be to take up another O2 service!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Ptarmigan, and welcome to the forum slight_smile

I'll get someone to look into this for you, can you please reply to the Private Message I just sent you? I'll need a few more details, and hopefully it'll all be sorted soon after!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

I'll tag @EmilieT to see if she can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Certainly does appear to be a real mix up @Ptarmigan though with the same surname, same address and only one digit difference between the numbers you 'may' be able to see how it happened.

All that said, the fact they aren't prepared to rectify THEIR error is pretty appalling...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Ptarmigan, and welcome to the forum slight_smile

I'll get someone to look into this for you, can you please reply to the Private Message I just sent you? I'll need a few more details, and hopefully it'll all be sorted soon after!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 6

Ptarmigan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @EmilieT for your help. All is now sorted.

It did become a bit convoluted so took a while, but we got there!

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's fantastic, good to hear it's sorted now @Ptarmigan smiley 

signature

Message 6 of 6