cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging for texting new O2 monthly number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I recently became owner of an LG G3 on monthly contract and I am having some issues regarding people texting me, and them being charged for it. These people all have unlimited messages and free calls to O2-UK numbers yet for some reason, they are charged for messaging me. 

I must add that the number I am using for this monthly contract is one that I was using on Pay As You Go for many, many years and it has only been transferred over in the past 24 hours.

I feel like something is awry, and I have no clue as to why they are now being charged to text the same number, on the same carrier ?

Many Thanks !

Anthony

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When you change platforms from P&G to monthly or vice-versa it takes a couple of days for your number to reregister and be recognised on O2's systems. Once reregistered your number will be free to other O2 users.

In the meantime, if your friends contact customer service all charges will be refunded. It may be better for them to wait until your number is reregistered again.

This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

How weird !

I'd ring O2 on 202 to enquire on your account.

The only reason why a person would be charged is if they are sending texts that are converting to mms messages.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When you change platforms from P&G to monthly or vice-versa it takes a couple of days for your number to reregister and be recognised on O2's systems. Once reregistered your number will be free to other O2 users.

In the meantime, if your friends contact customer service all charges will be refunded. It may be better for them to wait until your number is reregistered again.

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Totally agree with this as the same thing happened to me when I changed from PAYG to Contract, keeping the same number. All my family are on O2 and texts were meant to be free but weren't until just over 2 days were gone. ...then all was ok.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Perfectly normal, as the guys have said. Nothing to worry about at all slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you !!
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions