Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Charging for picture messages

:mansurprised:
I have to say i am very dissapointed that O2 have now started charging for picture messages. I always thought that you just got charged 4 texts for 1 mms but nope, following the text i had last week i have now been charged for the 2 mms i have sent recently.
I dont know how they got voted the Mobile Carrier of the year but i am slowly losing my patience with them and will definately not be renewing my contract with them.
just wished i had gon eslewhere in June instead of diving in for the early upgrade option.
Its ok O2, i'll email my pics, you will not get 1 extra penny out of me because you show NO loyalty what so ever.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Charging for picture messages

You upgraded in june so I guess iphone 4?
If so the june tariffs had the 4-1 removed but there was an offer not well publicised that gave free mms until 26th october on ios4.
All tariffs since feb 2010 that have unlimited texts have had the 4-1 removed.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

If that is the case that all unlimited text plans have had 4-1 mms texts removed, then that's fair enough. But I don't have a tariff with unlimited texts. I have a bolt on which I personally see as different.
Anyway, just think it's cheeky!! Restricting Internet usage was bad enough but if that's the way forward, everyone adapts, but now mms's as well!! It's a going downhill!!

Sorry which tariff did you take in june then as I thought they all had unlimited texts.
If your tariff still has a limited 500 texts for example I would ring customer srvices and challenge the charges. see this thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=54335 note the response from chris@o2
But all the iphone tariffs since feb 2010 have had unlimited texts.
This 4-1 was discussed in feb and june as reasons for not doing the early upgrade.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Sorry, ignore me, my head has gone hahaha,
It is unlimited, i'm confusing it with my daughters T-Mobile iPhone 4 contract.

ok
But agree just email them when near free wifi as not to use your 500mb up.
Apple Watch series 4