Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges

Globalcharges
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In the thing you've bought section, it has charged me 4 50 extra for global charges.. Anyone know what this is about?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144095 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Have a look at the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144095 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Have a look at the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I have tagged @Payforit_Sucks They appear to be the go to person for information concerning these types of charges. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144095 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Website here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

They are also a community member, and have responded on other similar threads, hence the tag.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144095 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes I am aware.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Globalcharges wrote:
In the thing you've bought section, it has charged me 4 50 extra for global charges.. Anyone know what this is about?

£4.50 is the typical value of a 'Payforit' charge. Unfortunately these are usually subscriptions, so it is likely that £4.50 will be taken every week until you stop the charges. You need to look to see if you have received any texts (which you might have deleted or disregarded as spam) notifying you of the charges. If you can't find out that way, O2 Customer Services should be able to help you identify the originator of the charges.

Once you know who originated the charges, you need to contact them to stop the subscription and refund any charges already taken. Be clear that you never knowingly subscribed.

More detailed advice, and information on how to complain to the regulator, is on the website.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 7 of 7