Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges whilst abroad

KeithLL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just received my bill for June and see that there is a charge for data usage. It shows that I was in Albania but as the rest of my bill shows, I was in Corfu, in Greece. How do I get the charge removed?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@ It’s  called accidental roaming when your phone latches on to a stronger signal from another country. 
It can be prevented by manual network selection. 
If you call O2 they may help with the charges. 
Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@ It’s  called accidental roaming when your phone latches on to a stronger signal from another country. 
It can be prevented by manual network selection. 
If you call O2 they may help with the charges. 
Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Sharpey1966
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve had the same thing today. I’ve been charged £6 extra. I’m in Rhodes, Greece. But got a text when landed saying welcome to turkey. Can’t get through to anyone to try & sort this out. What a scam !

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7113 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

It's not a scam. Your phone is on automatic network selection by default and will choose the strongest signal which in your case came from Turkey

Go into networks and manually select a local network and it won't happen.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Sorry @KeithLL 

The tag in my first reply didn't work.

Same answer to @Sharpey1966 

Message 5 of 5