cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges from 08 numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear sir/madam, Why am I getting charged for 08 calls made TO my phone? These have not been answered by me and they only last a couple of seconds. Are they some form of a scam? Can you block these? I can, but only after they have called. They seem to change the numbers every time. I have never rung any of these numbers and would appreciate it if this can be stopped. I know it is only 52p a time, but it is not the cost but the principle. Thank you Brenda
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Dear sir/madam, Why am I getting charged for 08 calls made TO my phone? These have not been answered by me and they only last a couple of seconds. Are they some form of a scam? Can you block these? I can, but only after they have called. They seem to change the numbers every time. I have never rung any of these numbers and would appreciate it if this can be stopped. I know it is only 52p a time, but it is not the cost but the principle. Thank you Brenda

Hi @Anonymous

This isn't customer services, so we can't refund you.

Contact details are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

but we can tell you that you don't get charged for incoming calls, so can you check your MyO2 for exactly what your charges are for please and we can maybe adise you further?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

This isn't customer services, so we can't refund you.

Contact details are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

but we can tell you that you don't get charged for incoming calls, so can you check your MyO2 for exactly what your charges are for please and we can maybe adise you further?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear you've had unexpected charges - please do let us know how it goes with My O2 as advised above in case we can help further?

Cheers @MI5 slight_smile

Message 3 of 3