Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for unanswered calls

Glenn256
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you explain to me why I am being charged 2.00 GBP for every call I receive that I do not answer.  I work in Jordan and am receiving calls from telemarketers that I am not answering but am being charged for.  One of these calls was registered as lasting for 00:00:06 as it's duration.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23561 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Glenn256 Sounds like your unanswered calls are being picked up by your voicemail, which you should have turned off before you left the UK to avoid the charges you're receiving: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-90...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Glenn256
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've worked in the middle east for almost ten years.  Have had the same UK phone number and only these last two months have I started being charged like this.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7149 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

As per @Bambino 

Calls diverted back to voicemail are classed as an outgoing call whether a message is left or not.

It's been that way since the beginning of roaming and applies to all networks 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147176 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Glenn256 wrote:

I've worked in the middle east for almost ten years.  Have had the same UK phone number and only these last two months have I started being charged like this.

Something must have changed in the last 2 months then @Glenn256 

Have you changed tariffs, phone or anything else that might be relevant?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5