Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for premium texts I don't recognise

Esmond
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have charges on my current bill for two premium texts (each £1.50) outside my allowance. I don't recognise these and I want to block any others to my phone. Can you help? I am concerned that I'm acquiring charges from texts I can't control.

Esmond acc no xxxxxxxxxxxx phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10563 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Esmond 

You can find out by going to myo2 and checking your bill, this will tell you what they relate to. 

You will need to contact o2 to add a bar to block premium texts and calls Guide: O2 BARs   o2 can be contacted on 202 from your o2 phone or 0344 809 0202

The scammers and spammers will thank you for posting your Account Number, Name and Phone number on a PUBLIC forum, and if you do get scammed or spammed you are 100% liable for any chargers. 

Post flagged

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28244 Solutions

@Esmond 

Some guides here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

How to stop further charges Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

Get your money back Payforit Sucks - Fighting Payforit Scams - Payforit Sucks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Sahar555
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have charges on my current bill for 3 premium texts (each £1.50) outside my allowance. I don't recognise these and I want to block any others to my phone. Can you help? I am concerned that I'm acquiring charges from texts I can't control.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Sahar555 

If you review this thread, @jonsie@madasaf1sh and @MI5 have all suggested ways forward and solutions to avoid further problems.

When you have considered all of them, please post again if your require further assistance.

Message 6 of 6