Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7794 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Depends on which bolt on you have (check in MyO2)

Putting the phone into aeroplane mode and just re-enabling WiFi and using WiFi Hotspots is the cheapest. Or possibly an Egyptian PAYG SIM

1000009871.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7794 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Depends on which bolt on you have (check in MyO2)

Putting the phone into aeroplane mode and just re-enabling WiFi and using WiFi Hotspots is the cheapest. Or possibly an Egyptian PAYG SIM

1000009871.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23923 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Grahama If you use WhatsApp, Skype, or Facebook Messenger over a WiFi connection you can keep in touch with others using those apps for free. Also see the link below:

Using Your Phone Abroad → O2 Travel Search Tool | O2

✔If you have the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On, you can roam here at no extra cost.
✔ You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.
If you don’t have our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On or our O2 Travel Bolt On, you’ll pay our standard rates:

Standard rates
Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
If you want to use data, you’ll be able to buy one of our data roaming bundles. We’ll send you a link when you land, or you can buy one in My O2 before you travel.

100MB£18
500MB£26
1GB£45

If you use WhatsApp, Skype, or Facebook Messenger over a WiFi connection you can keep in touch with others using the app for free

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3