cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges and Lack of Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all I just want to say that I'm so sick of my o2 signal just cutting out. It happens at least once a week and it's really starting to wind me up.

Secondly I want to ask about allowances, my bill this month is ridiculous and while I accept that I went over my minutes allowance, I want to know why I wasn't informed that I was even close to it? When I'm about to reach my data allowance I get a text so why didn't I get one informing me I was about to run out of minutes, then I would have known to stop calling people but as I didn't realise I had reached my limit I kept calling people and now have to pay over double my normal bill and considering I'm a student and it's nearly Christmas an extra £20 is actually quite a lot.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can easily keep track of your allowance and O2 would assume that if you are responsible enough to take out a contract you would be able to manage your allowance responsibly.

Download the My O2 app and keep a regular check or send a free blank text anytime to 21202 for your remaining allowance. You can also check online. You shouldn't blame the network for your own short comings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can easily keep track of your allowance and O2 would assume that if you are responsible enough to take out a contract you would be able to manage your allowance responsibly.

Download the My O2 app and keep a regular check or send a free blank text anytime to 21202 for your remaining allowance. You can also check online. You shouldn't blame the network for your own short comings.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are many ways you can check your allowance so I don't see why you need O2 to tell you? It's a bit pointless getting a text about reaching your data limit also as you are not charged for going over that but as you are charged for going over minutes I can only assume it has something to do with making money wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on payg but do remember quite a long time ago that I could set a limit on the contract account which helped stop nasty surprises ! I'm unsure if this is still available.

As the others have said the My 02 App is a great help which you should make use of.
Message 4 of 4