Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged multiple times for single mms

JB8889
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I sent a single picture message to a friend with an iPhone. I obviously lost internet just as it was sending as it appears to have sent as a text message (not iMessage).

Just checked my bill and I’ve been charged three times for this single mms? So over £1.50 for something that should have been sent for free.

Is this right??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You would need to speak to Customer Services to highlight the multiple charge, @JB8889 - 202 for Pay Monthly, or via Social Media, links below. That's the only way you can try to get the charge corrected.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

MMS messages are always chargeable, and can be triggered unintentionally if you add emojis, send an SMS to multiple recipients, or include a URL or image in your text.

Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it tells you how to cripple it so you don't end up spending £0.55+ multiple times on a mistake in an SMS that should have been free to send, @JB8889 - Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

JB8889
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. It was a picture message that obviously didn’t send as an iMessage due to lack of 4G.

but why have I been charged three times when it only sent once?

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You would need to speak to Customer Services to highlight the multiple charge, @JB8889 - 202 for Pay Monthly, or via Social Media, links below. That's the only way you can try to get the charge corrected.

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JB8889 Follow @pgn's advice, but for future reference, download WhatsApp. If the people you're sending MMS to have the app as well, you can send picture messages over WiFi to your heart's content for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5