cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for something i never even bought !!

Mr-X
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What are these and how come they have been added to my bill ? I have never and i mean never bought anything remotely called these items you see in my screengrab below. Every bill up until now has been the standard  20 odd pound which is what the package is £20 for 20Gb data , unlimited texts and unlimited mins. So where the hell did this bogus charge come from and what are they, because i can assure you that i never bought them.

Screenshot_20180524-011449.png

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

hennessey
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think it was the text for radio x. The app is free
Message 11 of 22

Mr-X
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Firstly for those that asked, the phone i have is Android, its an Alcatel A3 XL.  I managed to get them to stop by using the advice given here on the forum, as for getting my money back i wont see that. This should not be allowed it's shocking to think that they can get away with this kind of behaviour and even getting them to stop by texting the STOP or STOP ALL costs you again, so they make even more money off you when you try to stop them. I noticed you called it a legal scam , well those two words should not be in the same sentence, anything thats a scam should not be legal in my book. Anyway i've ranted enough i just thought i'd let people know i managed to stop it going any further and hope at some point these scammers are dealt with in the future.

Message 12 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 22

strottos
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Happened to me as well from the same company. Certainly not something I knowingly did nor did I notice for about a month. O2 sorted by blocking these things and offering me refunding me themselves, I don't honestly believe O2 are at fault here though and dealt with it in a very reasonable and responsible way.

The company themselves refused to refund me as they could supposedly prove something I am absolutely certain never happened, I wasn't any where near the internet at the time these charges came through, I would have been on holiday and asleep when the text came through. This is clearly a fraudulent and disreputable company despite their claims of being fully regulated.

I would strongly encourage O2 to block incoming requests from this company by default however as I am certain this was fraudulent.

Message 14 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@strottos

You can stop them yourself by phoning customer services and asking them to apply these two bars to your account

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 22

strottos
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff, they've already done this. O2 were spot on to be fair, no complaints there. Pretty sure I won't get any more hassle again now.

Message 16 of 22

Alina
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have been charged for stuff that I never bought. I saw my bill is much higher than usual and checked the app. It came as I have been charged for Taptronic FZC, £3 pounds every Sunday. 

I contacted O2 today via the online chat and they are asking me to contact the provider. I don't understand, I am charged for £12 pound per month on their O2 bill but if I want a refund as I haven't signed up to anything like it they are directing me to a 3rd party provider. 

Did anyone manage to get their money back? 

Is this a scam? 

Thanks, 

Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
@Alina yes it is a scam and one that O2 support.
See help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Premium-rate-services-petition-to-O2/td-p/118... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 22

Jojo72
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have this on my bill too!!
Message 19 of 22

Jojo72
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics