Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Charged for receiving multimedia messages

Have you used up the 500mb this month?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Have you used up the 500mb this month?

yes, my tex & web as run out and i top up when my o2 numbers is due on the 12th Dec but like ive said, its never done it before when my text & web as run out?
Anonymous

If your Text and Web has run out, then you will be charged the normal rate for data. Which is what is happening.
So if you don't want to pay this, you'll have to stop the handset using data.
Anonymous

If your Text and Web has run out, then you will be charged the normal rate for data. Which is what is happening.

thats what i said earlier but i dont no what to untick.?
Anonymous

i just got charged 3£ for opening a message which i thought was a o2 service message and then another 3£ for a text message from 83023 saying Cellserve Elf challange Thankyou for your entry to Samsung Quiz 08445####
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,306

Phonepayplus are the regulatory body for premium text services. You can get help or make a complaint on their website.
Normally, replying STOP will stop any further premium texts.
http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/default.aspx
Anonymous

I answered that.
Anonymous

I answered that.

erm.... where?
only thing you said were "You'll have to go through the phone and turn off syncing, email etc"
I bought this phone last June, i didnt have any bolt-ons to do with the internet and have only had text & web for about2 months.! the 4 months before text & web i were sending and receiving mms and were not been charged and no popups came up! my text and web had only been out about a week and upto a few days ago i started getting charged.. no settings have been changed and no boxes have been ticked or un-ticked? the first day i got the phone i disabled all syncing to do with email, stocks, facebook, twitter, and google and the reason i did this were because syncing put everybody's phone number from facebook and twitter in y phone and i did not want that so i disabled everything and have always updated friends and twitter feed manually? i never have wi-fi or moblie network connected because of battery usage..!!
So what i'm saying is, nothing as been changed in my phone as everthing as always been the same and then all of a sudden i'm been charged? cant make it more clearier than that.?
Anonymous

You have the phone in front of you. You've been told by O2 that its connecting to the internet and you are being charged.
As you've used up your Text and Web allowance of 500megabytes then you must have been using data previously.
I (or any one else on here) don't have access to the phone to see what is connecting. So you will have to go through the phone to see what is using data. Its not a case of just un-ticking things. You need to go through and check.
Alternatively, if you are absolutely sure that you aren't connecting then contact O2 and ask for an investigation.
Anonymous

You have the phone in front of you. You've been told by O2 that its connecting to the internet and you are being charged.
As you've used up your Text and Web allowance of 500megabytes then you must have been using data previously.
I (or any one else on here) don't have access to the phone to see what is connecting. So you will have to go through the phone to see what is using data. Its not a case of just un-ticking things. You need to go through and check.
Alternatively, if you are absolutely sure that you aren't connecting then contact O2 and ask for an investigation.

Thats what i said earlier that for 4 months i were NOT on text & web and i were never charged and i just presumed that with me putting the link about my phone seetings (Ive just check my settings with this post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=53389&hilit=htc+desire+mms+setting) were it says, "htc+desire" and when i replied back to you saying.. (@prking you dont no where i can untick that do you? HTC Desire) i thought someone may no about these phones and maybe had the same problem.!
i have phoned o2 C/S today and they said they have no idea, only that i've accessed the internet the same time i send and recieve mms but cannot tell me why?