Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Charged for receiving multimedia messages

Anyone one no why all of a sudden i'm getting charged for receiving multimedia messages?
im on o2 pay and go text & web with no other bolt on's..!
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Re: Charged for receiving multimedia messages

[ Edited ]
Very strange as no o2 tariffs charge you to received mms.
Have you spoke to o2 customer care and asked them to look into it.
Have you also checked the out box on your phone to make sure nothing is in there thats trying to send and was the mms from a person you know.
The only reason for me asking is that you could have received a push message and they sometimes charge.
This may help you regarding Push Messages
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 314AARv2jB
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Very strange as no o2 tariffs charge you to received mms.
Have you spoke to o2 customer care and asked them to look into it.
Have you also checked the out box on your phone to make sure nothing is in there thats trying to send and was the mms from a person you know.
The only reason for me asking is that you could have received a push message and they sometimes charge.
This may help you regarding Push Messages
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 314AARv2jB

What happened were i received a mms message today and when i opened it a popup came up and said.. "it will only cost you 1 pound to download data all day today" i just presumed it were something to do with o2?
i havent been in touch with customer care as this is the first place i always come to see if anyone else as had problems but i'll get my mate to send me another mms and if the popup comes up again i'll get in touch with customer care then..!
just looked to see if there are any push messages and there is none.. the mms pic cost me 2p i think it were..!
cheers anyway..!
Anonymous

That's nothing to do with MMS. Its the message you get when you use data without having a bundle.
Perhaps there is something on your phone using data, or could you have muddled up MMS settings.
Anonymous

Ive just check my settings with this post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=53389&hilit=htc+desire+mms+setting
and everything seems to be ok.. i got someone to send me another mms and the popup never came up and wasnt charged so i guess it may have been one of them things that happen from time to time!
Cheers guys anyway.!
Anonymous

no it wasnt one of these things.. i get charged 25p for sending a mms but charged 13p for accessing the internet as well, C/S said im accessing the internet at the same time im sending the mms but i dont have mobile internet or wi-fi connected because of battery usage but they cannot tell me why this is happering and getting charged??
any help please..!!
Anonymous

There are things which connect or sync in the background. If you don't normally have a connection, is it possible that the phone is taking advantage of the connection needed for an MMS to do some background data.
Anonymous

@prking you dont no where i can untick that do you?
HTC Desire
Anonymous

It depends what's connecting. You'll off to go through the phone and turn off syncing, email etc.
Why not change to a tariff which has some inclusive data or add a data bolt-on? Smartphones aren't very usefull without data.
Anonymous

ive got text & web which does me fine but cant understand why all of a sudden when i receive or send a mms i get charged for accessing the internet?