cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for free calls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I called my brother the other day to be charged £1 for no reason, I have my free 100 minutes of phone calls and texts and I phoned him with it, nowhere near ran out of it and it charged me £1 up front, the next day I phoned him also and it charged me like 60p and everything throughout the day afterwards it didn't charge me, I mean like what is going on? He is on o2 and not using 08 numbers or anything like that, does it charge you for the answering machine and I was not using any internet or texting at the same time, this has happened so many times now no matter if I call or text and it has cost me like £50 of credit I believe in my o2 account lifetime. Can you stop this from happening again and possibly refund me?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What tariff are you on ?

Look in your My02 to see what your on.

If you phone 02 Customer Services they will tell you what you have been charged for and if applicable return the mistakenly taken credit.

Voicemail is charged at £0.15p per call on PAYG and its free for Contract Customers.

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call

From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

Live Chat Services are fine for Low Level General Enquiries, not connected to Account Enquiries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What tariff are you on ?

Look in your My02 to see what your on.

If you phone 02 Customer Services they will tell you what you have been charged for and if applicable return the mistakenly taken credit.

Voicemail is charged at £0.15p per call on PAYG and its free for Contract Customers.

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call

From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

Live Chat Services are fine for Low Level General Enquiries, not connected to Account Enquiries.

Message 2 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would suggest that this is infact a data charge.

1 What phone do you have

2 Have you turned cell data off?

The £1 a day for data can be used up in seconds as a phone updates its apps etc.

P.s. only o2 can refund you as we are all customers here you need to call the numbers above

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

I would suggest that this is infact a data charge.

1 What phone do you have

2 Have you turned cell data off?

The £1 a day for data can be used up in seconds as a phone updates its apps etc.

P.s. only o2 can refund you as we are all customers here you need to call the numbers above

Thats probably a good shout, I don't know of any way for a phone call to charge exactly £1 to your bill...even premium numbers don't do that!

So yeah, check your data usage...and ensure that you have data included in your contract!

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have free call
My tariff does not work
I have 50 pounds to your account
additional charge until 27 October
and my free call does not work from today
why?

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please ring O2 Customer Service for account enquiries.

We are all customers here like you.

O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract >4445 for PAYG>8002 for Business.
Message 6 of 6