Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a call I know I didn't make

John_semple123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I was browsing my bill (I've also google'd the number) apparently (and I know I didn't as there's no record of it on my call log) I made a call to a 0844 Number (Not sure if it's allowed to be posted) I did google the number though and seems it's not the first time it's happened either (I've checked double and triple checked)

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@John_semple123the best thing you can do is contact customer services and discuss it with them. We have no access to your account on here. Sorry https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Info on other numbers here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@John_semple123the best thing you can do is contact customer services and discuss it with them. We have no access to your account on here. Sorry https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Info on other numbers here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

John_semple123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A quick chat online and it's been removed. All sorted

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to hear it. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@John_semple123 wrote:

A quick chat online and it's been removed. All sorted

Great that you got it sorted, @John_semple123slight_smile

And thank you @Cleoriff for helping out smiling bouquet sunflower

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff @John_semple123

I've had this happen in the past whereby I've spoken to someone on a regional number and had to be transferred to another department which was a national 0845 number.

Customer service did refund me for that as they have refunded your unrecognised charge. So just general advice to anyone really, always ask when being transferred if it's an internal or external number. 

More info

Message 6 of 10

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

any numers you dont recognise go to P.S.A . mobile phone regulator there is a search box for numbers. use this myself often to trace companies addresses to raise disputes for customers..

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 7 of 10

John_semple123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I done a little more digging. I phoned yesterday about the time of the call but that was to check age verificarion (tried to access a non dodgy website on my phone but came up as age blocked and it is a legit site) so I phoned the numbers I was told to check (no age verification on my account apparently..............) seems though that the call to that number somehow was the 0844 number I mentioned in my first post

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well it's a big relief at least to know it wasn't a scam. Glad you got to the bottom of it and got recredited 😀

Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@John_semple123 wrote:

I done a little more digging. I phoned yesterday about the time of the call but that was to check age verificarion (tried to access a non dodgy website on my phone but came up as age blocked and it is a legit site) so I phoned the numbers I was told to check (no age verification on my account apparently..............) seems though that the call to that number somehow was the 0844 number I mentioned in my first post

thumbsup smiling

Message 10 of 10