Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged by number

Duffy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received some texts the other day from 66299 saying I was being charged for texts by them. I never signed up for these. I have since blocked the number. I looked back at my bill and saw that I was charged again for a premium number that I never asked for a few months ago. How can I recover my money for these and stop it happening again?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Duffy 

Community help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next and a great website here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Duffy 

Community help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next and a great website here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Duffy 

It is a scam.  You will be able to get your money back by following the advices given you by MI5

Payforitsucks is a great advice service.

You will have to work at it but GET you money back from these scum, don't let them win.

Also you should give Customer Services a call (08.00am /08.30am is a good time)

get them to place a bar to bill your mobile  account and a premium rate bar on your account too.

This then will prevent this happening in the future.

Good luck and best wishes.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Duffy, and welcome to the community Wave

I hope you'll find the information above useful, but if you have any additional questions, please give us a shout! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4