cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £4.50 for text

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received this text

FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to PlayPuzzles for £4.50 every week from Codazone until you text STOP to 83463. HELP? 03300535853

Can anyone help with this what does it mean and what do I have to do?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

What the text means @Anonymous is you have signed up to a subscription games service for £4.50 per week, possibly inadvertently by clicking on a link in a game. If you do not wish to be subscribed then you should text STOP to the number indicated in the text to unsubscribe asap. Hopefully before any money is taken out of your account

This is why it's so important to be very careful what you click on in a game or when browsing a website.

If you find £4.50 has been debited to your account you will need to get in touch with the company direct asking for a refund.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

What the text means @Anonymous is you have signed up to a subscription games service for £4.50 per week, possibly inadvertently by clicking on a link in a game. If you do not wish to be subscribed then you should text STOP to the number indicated in the text to unsubscribe asap. Hopefully before any money is taken out of your account

This is why it's so important to be very careful what you click on in a game or when browsing a website.

If you find £4.50 has been debited to your account you will need to get in touch with the company direct asking for a refund.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous  More information from the Community re scam messages https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/ba-p/968023

If texting stop does not unsubscribe you, then follow the advice in the link or contact them directly

Contact details for Codazone here http://www.codazone.com/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help guys. I've followed the advice! For people in the future I have been looking on booking.com easy jet stayokay hostle and playing wordscape so people might be careful on them. Thanks again guys!
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I've followed the advice! For people in the future I have been looking on booking.com easy jet stayokay hostle and playing wordscape so people might be careful on them. Thanks again guys!

No problem @Anonymous Pleased we could help and welcome to the forum .Welcome

Thanks for letting us know the sites you were looking at. (Hope you sorted yourself a nice holiday :smileywink:) For further info, we usually find FB is one of the worst places for enticing folk to 'click on this link'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

god0081
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

just been charged twice by codazone...ignored the first one ,thought it was a scam....i was also booking a holiday on booking.com around the time i recieved text.....im gonna make a complaint to them aswell.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The websites are obviously getting partially founded by running these games and adverts but it is still the responsibility of the regulatory body , the PSA. The website should be made aware though that they are hosting these scams.

Message 7 of 7