Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge to mobile

Sandra211950
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there im a new customer been with o2 for about 10 days even paid my first bill early paid extra as well. when will i be able to make small digital purchases ive tried a few times but says payment unsuccessful all the time ? tried to contact o2 via the app and also 202 from my mobile but it appears that nobody is there at this time because of the COVID 19 Outbreak

[Edit: topic title clarified]

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Have you got a spend cap?

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

You will need to call them and there may also be a block on charge to mobile which will need to be removed

Message 2 of 10

Sandra211950
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

no spend cap 

Message 3 of 10

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Sandra211950 ,

If you do not have a spend cap its possible that its an error. are you an android user? its possible clearing the cache on your playstore app might do the trick.

signature
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Sandra211950 

Have you registered for the services you want https://www.o2.co.uk/charge-to-mobile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Sandra211950
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sean Yes i am an android user. how do i clear the cache on my playstore app ? 

Message 6 of 10

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Sandra211950 ,

First I check like @MI5  said and make sure you are registered. If you are and are still having trouble, you can clear your cache by doing the following:

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Apps.
    Note If unavailable, navigate: Apps > Settings > (Applications) Application manager.
    Note For Oreo OS, navigate: Apps icon > Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info.
  2. Tap Google Play Store.
  3. Tap Storage.
  4. Tap Clear Cache then tap Clear Data.
  5. Tap OK.
signature
Message 7 of 10

Sandra211950
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sean @MI5 i tried everything you both said and still not working, im unable to even make a digial purcahse of like £1.79 let alone top up my skrill account using the BOKU charge to mobile service do not know why i can not make any purcahses to either playstore or Boku for online purchase i have no spend cap with boku it says sorry you've reached your monthly spending limit on charge to mobile services, which 02 have to protect their new customers. you won't be able to charge this type of service to your o2 bill again, until next month. I have never used this service before so i wouldn't have a clue how it works and when i will be able to make a purchase, perhaps i need to speak with them so they can add something to my account to allow purchases to go through im not sure but how can i speak with 02 if they are not even in the offices ? 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Sandra211950 

You could have a charge to mobile bar on your account but you will need customer service to check that Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Sandra211950 ,

As @MI5 has stated you more than likely have a bar on your account stopping you from making charges. you may need to use a different payment method for the foreseeable future if you wanna buy stuff on the playstore.

signature
Message 10 of 10