Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge on account

Keith-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been charged £4.50 on my account. I was on Facebook and while scrolling , suddenly a text came thru saying thanks for subscribing!!! I instantly replied “Stop” but was still charged. I didn’t agree to anything
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

See help here @Keith-

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

See help here @Keith-

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You would get charged immediately. These companies don't normally have the courtesy to tell you that you have subscribed and just bill you. Thankfully you were able to spot and stop.

Message 3 of 9

Keith-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Flipping cheek though. Anyone in any other trade tried that and they’d be on watchdog
Getting grilled. 😡😡
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Cheek, or a highly illegal way to scam (steal) from people ?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm not sure it's illegal or these companies would be prosecuted instead of being allowed to get away with it by a toothless regulating body. It's definitely  highly immoral though

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Many do get prosecuted but it relies on enough people making complaints and yes, the regulator is next to useless and makes it too easy for them to get away with it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Not forgetting Faceache, which allows you to subscribe to these scammers by inadvertently clicking on a link.

FB needs regulating more than anyone I think....frowning2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

Not forgetting Faceache, which allows you to subscribe to these scammers by inadvertently clicking on a link.

FB needs regulating more than anyone I think....frowning2

I certainly can't argue with that.

Message 9 of 9