cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing your Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway to change your tariff to something more suited or am i stuck with the "Customized" tariffs?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You can only choose from what is offered as a package. They are not individually adjustable, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You can only choose from what is offered as a package. They are not individually adjustable, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That just seems really unfair. I cant even choose a cheaper tariff and they are only offering more expensive ones. But I guess as long as its money in their pockets, they don't really care what happens to us "little" people
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Unfortunately so, I'm afraid.......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Tariffs change but unfortunately once you have chosen you can only upgrade, this is why many people see something better later and cannot change. In those situations, funds permitting, you can pay off the handset and go sim only where allowances are usually better and cheaper.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely that's very devious and will trick customers into purchasing a contract with 02. Its very miss leading and I'm wondering what trading standards may say
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Misleading how? You choose a phone/tarriff that you are happy to choose at the time. It's the same as any utility company that you use. Options to change are there but normally you have to wait until the present contract is done or pay it off. If you buy a suite and pay monthly and you see it advertised at a discount a week later do you think you can reduce payments?

Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Trading Standards will say nothing, and if you're thinking of complaining, you're probably wasting your time. I'm sure that all the tariffs published are thought out long before they are printed, and have been approved. O2 doesn't just pull a tariff out of the sky, and the rules are in the Terms & Conditions, which unfortunately most people don't take the time to read.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trading standards won't do anything. It's all above board & legit. If you want a cheaper tariff than do as others advise & go sim only or pay as you go. You would still need to pay off your device plan to upgrade to a new tariff first 

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like you and numerous other unhappy customers, I am stuck with the same tariff for two years and neither my network provider nor my retailer are prepared to offer a minimum degree of flexibility on this matter.  It never used to be like this. After fifteen years of living in a developing country where I was offered excellent customer service and was able to make tariff changes when needed I now seem to have come to a money sucking system that totally suppresses people's needs. 

Message 10 of 11