Did you mean: 

Changing voicemail Greeting from Japan

asif_c
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have set up a personalised voicemail message on my iphone 6 (UK) while I am in Japan.  It worked but when anyone phones my iphone it just rings and rings and rings.  I rang customer services but they couldn't help.  I then decided I could use call forwarding on my iphone but after entering my Japan mobile number (or even a UK number) the call forwarding button just switches of by itself.  Can you help.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Voicemail and other call forwarding services rely on the host network when abroad.
Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that foreign networks will be compatible with O2's systems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @asif_c, it'd be great to know if the info above helped you, or if you found out more around this since you last posted. Let us know how you're getting on with your voicemail setup! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 11

asif_c
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've tried everything, even called customer service including a back office tech request but nothing working. Admittedly, I just found out that back office request may not have been actioned. Decided to explore other providers and what they offer. Sad really, I've been with o2 for more than 10 years!
Message 5 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @asif_c, and sorry to hear this hasn't been sorted. I'm not sure how much we could do but if you haven't moved netwrok yet I'd gladly check with our gurus what they'd advise - just let me know if that's something you'd be interested in slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 11

asif_c
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emilie,

I sent this message to Mark Evans, Sandra Fazackerley and you on 10th December.  I'm keeping fingers crossed you can help:

Dear Emilie,

Thanks for your message.  I haven't moved networks yet.  I have spoken to customer support about 6 times (I think) and have been told a number of times that a back office request has been sent to request a 5 second trigger for the voicemail.  Each time I call I'm informed there is no record of the request being actioned.  I must confess I have given up calling O2 and asking them to make good their promise (back office action).  If this is something you can influence or help with then I would be very grateful.  Sad to say I'm not holding out for a positive outcome.

As I mentioned previously I have been with O2 for more years than I can remember.  O2 have been excellent and that's I've stayed for so long and only on rare, very rare occasions have I had to ask for any support. This has been a real eye opener for me.  The frontline response has been generally very good but O2 falls down badly in it's ability to deliver on the 'promise' to the customer (completing the action).  

I'll keep my fingers crossed and maybe you can compelte the customer experience circle for me so I can return to being an O2 'raving fan'.

Regards,
Asif
Message 7 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @asif_c, I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details, so I can get someone to look into this one for you slight_smile

signature

Message 8 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@asif_c I've heard back that it should now be fixed, can you confirm you're all sorted? smiling

signature

Message 9 of 11

asif_c
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Emilie,

Thanks very much for your help and in particular for Nicola (I hope I've remebered her name correctly?).  She was great!  Worth a gold star for getting my voicemail operating again!

Best regards,

Asif

Message 10 of 11