cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to a cheaper tariff as I no longer use the phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently on a 24 month contract and I have been advised that I can reduce my tariff 6 months before the end of my contract (21st March 2014) as I am eligable for a 6months early upgrade.

I would like to know how much I can reduce my tariff by for the final 6 months of my contract. I ultimately want to cancel the contract as I no longer use the phone as I have another contract with O2.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

You would have to get CS to tell you that as we can't access your account.....
However, it sounds to me like you would have to take another contract, but maybe sim only, which would reduce your payments but would tie you in to another contract of 12 months.

Another option is to ask CS if you could switch that number to a PAYG sim....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

You would have to get CS to tell you that as we can't access your account.....
However, it sounds to me like you would have to take another contract, but maybe sim only, which would reduce your payments but would tie you in to another contract of 12 months.

Another option is to ask CS if you could switch that number to a PAYG sim....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, 

When I contacted CS they told me I could change to a cheaper tariff on the same contract without taking out a new 12 month contract, but they couldn't advise what the downgrade options would be.

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Seems a little strange that customer service couldn't advise you. Not much hope for us then! I would call them again and hope you speak to someone a bit more knowledgeable.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
Seems a little strange that customer service couldn't advise you. Not much hope for us then! I would call them again and hope you speak to someone a bit more knowledgeable.

Fully agree with this ^^^

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23073 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

When you say you contacted CS, was this by Live Chat or by phone? If it was Live Chat I wouldn't take that as entirely reliable. You probably need to speak to CS on 202 from your mobile, or if you have already, you should get a little more clarification on this, and call them again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys,

I will try calling them again, they originally said that they would only be able to advise me tariff options on or after the 21st March.

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23073 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If you have the time, come back and update your thread, and let us know how you got on. It's always a help should anyone else encounter the same situation as you're in. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will let you know how it goes, when I call them 🙂

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck
Message 10 of 10