Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Hi all.
I am currently on a 3gb package, which suits me most of the time.
The exception is when i am on holiday i don't have access to wifi as much.
So i wanted to check: how long after hitting the green light on changing tariff does it take to kick in?
Is it an overnight job, so my new tariff starts at midnight?
Or is it straight away so that more data is available 30-60 minutes after saying yes?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@gmarkj  

Its on you next billing cycle unless you call customer service to start it immediately in which case, usually within the hour. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@gmarkj  

Its on you next billing cycle unless you call customer service to start it immediately in which case, usually within the hour. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Ah. Cheers for that.
So in this case I would have to call in as the allowance restarted after the holiday finished.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah, I had to call to change the wife’s when we were away last year as her bill date was the day we came home.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4