Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

David85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So my contract cane to an end last week so I decided to switch to a sim only deal, I contacted via live chat and agreed to a sim only deal. I was told it would be active the next day
Next day comes and it wasn’t active, they told me my order was out of stock, I told them I just switched tariff I don’t need a new sim. Anyway after a week of back and forth trying to get this resolved, being promised someone would call or email again and again and nothing, Saturday I called and was told it would be sorted on Monday and he would call me to confirm. I didn’t receive a call so went back on live chat and found out my order has now been cancelled, I’ve also been told I cannot quit o2 because I took out the new contract

I just can’t make sense of this, they haven’t given me the new sim only deal, they cancelled it, and now I can’t leave o2?

The only thing I can do is just cancel my direct debit, but then I’ll get bad credit markers which I don’t want. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I’ve spent hours on the phone and live chat, they always just say they have escalated the issue and will call me and then don’t. I feel a bit trapped here!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know. Please stop warning me, I am 100% fully aware. Any future posters please be aware I am 100% aware of the consequences of canceling my direct debit.

Thank you again for alerting me, but I am 100% aware of what i'm doing and the potential for doing so.

Again, no need to warn me further...I get it.
Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is that you likely will have trouble getting a contract from a new provider by going your chosen route. They may not even let you have one 

Message 22 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You're right, I definitely will!

Already have a new provider however.

Message 23 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics