Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

David85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So my contract cane to an end last week so I decided to switch to a sim only deal, I contacted via live chat and agreed to a sim only deal. I was told it would be active the next day
Next day comes and it wasn’t active, they told me my order was out of stock, I told them I just switched tariff I don’t need a new sim. Anyway after a week of back and forth trying to get this resolved, being promised someone would call or email again and again and nothing, Saturday I called and was told it would be sorted on Monday and he would call me to confirm. I didn’t receive a call so went back on live chat and found out my order has now been cancelled, I’ve also been told I cannot quit o2 because I took out the new contract

I just can’t make sense of this, they haven’t given me the new sim only deal, they cancelled it, and now I can’t leave o2?

The only thing I can do is just cancel my direct debit, but then I’ll get bad credit markers which I don’t want. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I’ve spent hours on the phone and live chat, they always just say they have escalated the issue and will call me and then don’t. I feel a bit trapped here!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Someone actually called me!

But not good news. Apparently my order has been canceled, but hasn't yet been canceled "properly" I "May" (In my experiences means definetly will) Be charged if I leave.

I was told I couldn't receive a Pac code to leave until I wait 5 days for the order to be canceled, However I received one earlier today via text, so unsure why she said that.

So basically the only resolution I can see is to cancel my direct debit and move to another provider.

Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David85 Cancelling your direct debit is the worse thing you can do. Cancel your contract the proper way with the pac code 

Message 12 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David85 DO NOT cancel your Direct Debit. Use your PAC, which will cancel your contract, but leave the DD in place until you see a zero bill. We've seen nightmare scenarios of people canceling DD's before the account is closed, and finding negative marks on their credit rating because of a non payment of a piddly amount. Just leave the DD in place for now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will be using my pac code to cancel, But the lady on the phone informed me that they may still charge me for the new contract which was never activated. As this would mean spending more time on the phone to people re explaining the whole situation again I've decided to just cancel the direct debit too just to be sure I'm done with them

Message 14 of 24

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David85 You're making a big mistake. Please do not cancel your Direct Debit until this issue is resolved. If you cancel, and you are billed, and you don't pay, O2 will turn your non payment over to a debt collection agency, and you will be entering a world of trouble. If the money is taken in error by DD, it will be refunded when you go through the proper process, but you will be creating enormous problems for yourself if you go ahead with canceling the DD. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your concern. But i'd rather a debt collection agency and a court date than another hour on the phone to o2

Message 16 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told that after using my pac code they would likely charge me for the new contract they never implimented and then choose to cancel, If they do charge me I would need to contact them to try and get a refund...I'm not up for that!

Just as a side note, I worked out I was with o2 for 16 years! Crazy. So hard to get a new customer, so easy to keep hold of them...A lesson o2 will hopefully learnt.

Just signed with Vodafone. Will have a sim tomorrow! 

Message 17 of 24

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David85. It's not just a debt collection agency and a court date. It's also a negative mark on your credit rating, which will prevent you from taking out a contract for anything else, getting a loan to buy a car, or even getting a mortgage. If you want to take that risk, that's your decision. All I can do is warn you of the pitfalls, and I'm sure others here will back what I've said. Your choice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David85 You are making a massive mistake. They will put a default on your credit score which will stay for 6 years & you will have trouble in the future if you try to apply for a new contract or mortgage etc

Message 19 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm fully aware, And you need not warn me, I am 100% aware.

I have made o2 aware on my last phone call. I am not under contract with them.

You are 100% correct that they will likely do this. I am not concerned, no need to warn me further. I'll happyly have a rotten credit score, baliffs and court dates over talking to them one more time on the phone.

Again, thank you for your concern.

Message 20 of 24