Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tariff on a 12 month sim only.

hangeo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a phone that is on a 12 month sim only contract that expires in October. My 'my o2' account appears to be letting me change from that tariff to practically the same for cheaper. Is this actually the case or will I find I end up getting charged for 2. I'm very suspicious as I know phone companies like to reel you in! If anyone could let me know before I make the change that would be great. The change is from a 20gb sim for £21.56 a month to 20gb for £15 with free disney+. I'm keen to act quickly as these offers supposedly expire on 13 may. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as you upgrade then you will be fine, just the one bill on the same date every month

Nothing changes apart from the tariff and you keep using the same sim

I did exactly the same thing a month ago with the Disney included.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as you upgrade then you will be fine, just the one bill on the same date every month

Nothing changes apart from the tariff and you keep using the same sim

I did exactly the same thing a month ago with the Disney included.

Message 2 of 4

hangeo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply. In theory it is a downgrade so will it still be alright (sorry stupid question)? Why do they bother calling it a 12 month contract anyway if you are able to just chop and change..

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A downgrade in theory but you are upgrading to a new 12 month contract....they get to keep you committed for longer wink

Message 4 of 4