Did you mean: 

Changing phone number

Elizete_C_31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I wanted to ask a question to see if anyone could me some advice. 

currently I've got a phone number with my O2 contract that receives tonnes and tonnes of spam phone calls. 

I will be purchasing a new iPhone later on in the year. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a new phone number. 

I would keep my current phone number ( that receives the spam calls) and put it into a phone I don't use 

then when I get my new iPhone get a whole new number. Do you think this would be possible? 

I hope this makes sense. If not please message me and I can explain further. 

Ellie 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Elizete_C_31 

There is no restriction on when you can change your number. You are allowed one free of charge. You just need to call O2 on any of the numbers given above.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Elizete_C_31

The best option would be to start a new contract and then move the spammed number to a PAYG sim, via o2 customer services again, as no point paying for 2 contracts.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Elizete_C_31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah okay, I don't know if I can start a new contract as I've just recently got a new one with this spam number. Eek. But I don't want that number anymore 😩 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Elizete_C_31 

You can just get a free number change on your contract and be done with the old one forever.

Just be careful about giving your number out online to avoid the same issues with sppam on the new number.

Guide: How to change your mobile number 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Elizete_C_31
  • 18 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just recently changed my contract in March this year. So I will just have to wait a while before I can change my phone number. My currently run out next year March 😩

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Elizete_C_31 

There is no restriction on when you can change your number. You are allowed one free of charge. You just need to call O2 on any of the numbers given above.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Elizete_C_31
  • 18 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't know that. That's great to hear. So I still be able to change my number end of the year. Woop. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Indeed Rolleys

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8