Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone and changing my sim only tariff

RockGeekGB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung S10+ but i am swapping it for a new Iphone 12, and i also want to change my tariff, so if i go through the process on my O2 of getting a new tariff wil i get sent a new sim card, or will the sim in the Samsung S10+ work in the Iphone.

Thanks

Gary

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@RockGeekGB 

You keep your current sim and it will work in the iP12, but, you won't get 5g without a 5g sim and you'll need to get O2 to change your data bolt on to iData for iPhone.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@RockGeekGB 

You keep your current sim and it will work in the iP12, but, you won't get 5g without a 5g sim and you'll need to get O2 to change your data bolt on to iData for iPhone.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

RockGeekGB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah thanks, when i go through the changing tariff process it asks me if my phone is 5G, will i be automatically sent a new Sim?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@RockGeekGB 

You'll need to tick the box for a new sim too 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4