Did you mean: 

Changing my phone number on my account

gazuk2015
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am currently on a SIM only deal with 02. I want to move over my personal number from another provider (VOXI), fair enough I know this is possible.

What I have an query with is, I want to put my old number onto 02 pay as you go. Is this possible ? As I'm not asking for a pac code, because my old number is staying with O2?? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @gazuk2015 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

If you want your pay monthly o2 changed  to a Paygo and keep that number answer is yes 😊😁

Just go through the usual regime 

Read here

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gazuk2015 

You will need a new sim card if you are changing from what was a contract sim to a PAYG sim. They are different sims and have completely different message centre numbers. Best thing is to pop instore for a payg sim and they will probably transfer everything over for you. You can't do a sim swap.

Switching your number from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gazuk2015 

The only way you can do this is to change your current O2 contract to PAYG first. Otherwise, you will lose that number.

You will then need a new O2 contract to port your Voxi number to.

You should do this when you are out of contract or you will have to pay a penalty fee for cancelling your current contract early.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

gazuk2015
  • 26 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies. So technically it is possible from what you are saying ? Say I don't think I'm a refresh tariff, it's SIM only. 

Message 5 of 7

gazuk2015
  • 26 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to confirm, put my current contract 02 number onto PAYG. And my VOXI number takes over my current contract

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gazuk2015 wrote:

Just to confirm, put my current contract 02 number onto PAYG. And my VOXI number takes over my current contract

No.

Please read my post above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7