cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my phone not my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like a new phone but keep my SIMM card I have another 18 months with this contract will I get a deal from O2 thanks 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

No you won't, best way is to sell the phone & use the money to buy the phone you want then slip your existing sim into it

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

No you won't, best way is to sell the phone & use the money to buy the phone you want then slip your existing sim into it

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  all.similar question. Gone onto contract and asked to to keep my old number. Got a new fone and how do i know when my new contract starts. silly question, but the salesman just reeled it off. i have credit on my fone ,and notr a prob if i lose it. Do i put my sim in new fone and will it activate automatically

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your old simcard should lose network coverage when it is disconnected. When that happens you need to put your new simcard in the new phone and keep switching it off and on at regular intervals until it connects to the network.

The whole process can take up to 24 hours and any credit left on your old simcard should appear as a credit on your first bill.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

02 are not bothered what you do with the phone after you've signed up as long as you continue to pay your monthly bill as they re coup some subsidy levied against it.

That's why lots of people upgrade and sell the upgrade phone on. It's an easy cash cow !
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you have got the phone, it's yours to do as you wish

Message 6 of 6