Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Changing my number

I have recently been getting nuisance calls and want to change my o2 phone number, is this possible? And if so what will happen to my credit balance? If I do not want it transferred to my new number, can i get it transferred to another number? What are my options?

I would be grateful for your help and information

Thank You

Very Confused
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,306

Changing my number

Ring customer services.They will change your number for you if this is the 1st time and will transfer the credit to the new number.They are usually loathe to transfer the credit to a totally different number but worth asking. However I presume your main priority is changing your number which o2 will do for you.
Hope this helps
Anonymous

Changing my number

Hi

I have a friend who changed her number and they also transferred her credit at the same time, just remember to ask.
Anonymous

Changing my number

I changed my number last year and was told they would not transfer credit or any benefits I had built up therefore had to start again from scratch with things like rewards. I wasn't happy.
Anonymous

Changing my number

DO NOT GET A NEW SIM - call o2 & they will now change yr number on yr existing simcard , therfore yr credit & allowances will all remain on the simcard , the thing that you will lose are any o2 rewards you've accumalated , same with any upgrade credit , chk with the person yr speaking to & they will let you know how much this is.

changing the number on the sim you all ready have will be done within 4 hrs of you calling. Smiley Very Happy