Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my number internally

Aimee2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i have just opened a new contract with O2 via a 3rd party as it was significantly cheaper than my existing contract. I am trying to move my old number onto the new simcard. I have filled out the transfer number form online and recieved a text message asking me to swap my sim, will this switch the old number over to the new sim/contract or am i shifting the entire old contract on to the new sim? 

I have tried phoning but of course with the coronavirus they have limited service. 

Thankyou

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Aimee2 

You need to call and ask to migrate your number.

What you are doing will just transfer your old number to the new sim card with the associated tariff which will continue along with your new one, so you will be paying for 2 contracts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Aimee2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thankyou, i thought so much. i will just have to keep trying to phone o2 to see if i can get through

Message 4 of 6

Aimee2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

great, thanks! 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Good luck
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6