Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my Mobile Number

Tyranade
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my old PAYG phone was a Virgin phone and I would like to transfer that number from Virgin to o2. Now I got this in an email today.

" You want to keep your
old number
You need to ask your old network for a PAC code (they’ll know what it is). Then fill in the form at o2.co.uk/
keepmynumber. It’ll take us one working day to sort it out."

I have the PAC code and I have filled out the keep my number form TWICE and it has been a good few days yet I still do not have my old number. I kind of need to keep my old number otherwise it will be a collosal pain in my backside to give everyone my new number.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If your new o2 phone is on contract, call 202 and give the PAC to CS. If PAYG call 4445 and do the same.
Your PAC from Virgin is only valid for 30 days from receipt so you need to check it's still valid though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you cant remember your old number you will need to ring Vodaphone to get it...and then fill out the form

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs

The above help link shows you what you need and have to do... O2 can't give you the number without knowing what it is...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If your new o2 phone is on contract, call 202 and give the PAC to CS. If PAYG call 4445 and do the same.
Your PAC from Virgin is only valid for 30 days from receipt so you need to check it's still valid though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Tyranade
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If you cant remember your old number you will need to ring Vodaphone to get it...and then fill out the form

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs

The above help link shows you what you need and have to do... O2 can't give you the number without knowing what it is...:smileywink:

I know my old number and I filled out the keep my number form twice now. I gave them my details, the number I want to keep from Virgin and the PAC code and It still has yet to be transfered.

Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Call O2 Customer Service, as @MI5 has suggested. Double check that the PAC Virgin gave you is correct.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Tyranade
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Call O2 Customer Service, as @MI5 has suggested. Double check that the PAC Virgin gave you is correct.

Just got off the phone with o2 customer support. I gave them my Virgin Number and PAC code and it will be transfered by monday. 

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tyranade wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Just got off the phone with o2 customer support. I gave them my Virgin Number and PAC code and it will be transfered by monday. 

Good. Hope all goes well...

Edited to add...I had misread your post. Apologies @Tyranade Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Good news. Always best to talk to someone if you can. The O2 site has been having problems recently on different levels. It could have very well extended to the form you were using.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hope it goes smoothly for you now.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I must be suffering with sunstroke, hence my edited post and apology above....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11